Friday 17 February 2012

Phew

10km-44:50 (4:29kms) Solo The Bay

Survived the tough part of the week, Fridays are always in the back of my mind. I'm posting now to discourage myself from doing the optional arvo run. Body is in a bit of shock, so far so good, but trying to gain endurance, speed and lactic tolerance is an act of a desperate man and proving quite difficult.

I've got a mixed energy session again tomorrow 2x Paddo Hill Sprints + 20min fartlek and a long run in the mountains on Sunday with 2x Sub 27:30 10km guys, if I'm not fresh they could drag me to disaster.

If the session tomorrow goes well I'll try a 600m TT on Tuesday to assess what lies ahead. I may have Caleb with me to 400m, but I don't mind doing it solo if he can't come. If anyone is interested it'll be at Homebush late afternoon, time to be confirmed. Why I am writing all this shit, I claim to be busy...

Edit: 2nd client didn't show this morning and it was just too beautiful not to run, so off I went to the Botanical Gardens for an easy 6km-27:00 (4:30kms). 8:45am must be some sort of record for earliest completed double run.

2 comments:

  1. Ben and Collis? What does he expect to run for 1500m Sat night? I've got a record to maintain in the tipping comp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and Bobby Curtis, I tip Collis for the 1500m.

    ReplyDelete