Wednesday 22 February 2012

Can Too

AM
9km-39:00 (4:20kms) Solo The Bay

Bloody sore, backed up from the TT with a 9:30pm hockey match last night. I got home at midnight and as much as I hate to admit, it was an almighty struggle to drag my arse out the door at 4:30am. Felt great by the end of the run, but some almighty sore spots from the hockey. We ended up 7-1 winners over Macarthur but it was a struggle for the first 60mins and the bloke I was marking was like grease lightning, not what I needed last night.

PM
10x200m - fastest 28.9, 1km-3:00, 600m-1:45 with James Masters and Megsy at ES Marks.

Off to the track for an active rest session, always a good feeling to step on to the track where I set my 100m and 200m pb's. Felt easy and effective, just a little tender in the right groin not helped by keeping up with Megan on her 13sec stride outs, talented girl...woah!

We came across the massive Can Too group in Centennial on Saturday and again at the track tonight, a great organisation introducing so many people into an active lifestyle as well as the fundraising. Seems to be getting bigger every year, not sure why they'd choose the track to prepare for a 1/2 marathon but the energy in the place was uplifting and I'm glad they were there.

Off to Melbourne for 4 days for a dry needling course, quite long days but won't be rushing home to help with the kids so should be able to get through some good quality sessions.

3 comments:

  1. Don't even think about trying that dry needling crap on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dry needling is great...

    I hope the "Can Too" group know how to use a track when fast people are running... but I do love it when we have 3+ session going on at the track at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn how to do a Damian style calf needling for when I finally get my ass in to see you.

    ReplyDelete