Saturday 4 February 2012

Know when to fold 'em

Well you think I'd know better given the interrupted last 18 months...

AM
14km including 22min Fartlek - 5.63kms (3:54kms) with JB at Homebush

Out to Homebush to watch Steve and Megsy race, I felt good and joined JB on his fartlek. After about 5mins as I watched JB disappear into the distance I decided I need to drop some weight haha. Sadly no more gym until the end of track season, just functional and weight bearing strength for the time being. I might even consider cutting back on the junk food if that doesn't work, ice cream however is definitely not junk.

Steve had a blinder running a course pb, just missing 40mins and squad glory due to Megsy's big 2min pb sneaking under 40mins. Good to see some depth in the race today, must be the deepest women's race ever at Striders.

PM
10km-42:59 (4:18kms) with Fats on The Bay

Had a crazy day at work, 6 hours without a break, so I didn't get a chance to ice my feet and forgot to eat until just before my run. I was seeing stars at about 2kms but didn't get any worse, pleased to get through this and always enjoy talking rubbish with Fats, looking forward to a solid long run and some decent 200m's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment