Sunday 19 February 2012

Mt Hay

AM
23km-1:49.13 (4:44km's) Mt Hay with Ben St, Bobby, Strutty and Caleb

Again the hills and 870m elevation exposed my lack of fitness. Was comfortable on the way out in 4:35km's but struggled on the bigger hills on the way back, which is par for the course with me, but didn't have the fitness to recover on the flats. Hung on to the boys until 18km, but fell in a heap once I'd been spat out the back. No disgrace though, Ben and Bobby will both run low 60min at New York 1/2 next month.

Absolutely beautiful run in perfect conditions, I'll make this a regular run.

PM
8x200, fastest 26.3. Solo at Joeys

Chucked on the fast spikes to make sure I could still stride out, Caleb is taking me through 400m in 56sec on Tuesday and it suddenly occurred to me that it may be more difficult than it once was. Felt great to be running fast, obviously was not super fast but sprinting never fails to give me a rush.

165km for the week and some decent speed work. It'll be nigh impossible to get much training done next week, so I'll use it as a freshen up and take the chance to absorb the last few weeks and boost the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment