Tuesday 25 December 2012

7x800m Hilly Loop

AM
7x800m (4:30 cycle) With Sean's Squad Centennial

2:41, 2:37, 2:37, 2:37, 2:37, 2:33, 2:30

Tiger squad is spread all over the world at the moment, Iceland, Italy, France, Argentina and ummm Canberra so our usual Bronte Xmas session didn't eventuate sadly. A big thanks to Sean letting me join 50ish dedicated runners out bright and early on a wet morning. I was impressed with the turnout in the rain and asked Sean if he was proud, he said 'I'm pissed off, don't know where the rest of them are'. That's why he is having great success as a coach, hard man to please.

Quite a contrast to have so many fit and healthy runners next to a homeless man huddled under a tree trying to keep dry at the start/finish line.

I was just behind Morgan Mc 17 year old with a recent 3km-8:17 and the improving Nathan D for the first 6 reps, they blew me away on the last rep. I felt comfortable but a little heavy in the legs.

Also saw Bleasel and a few other large groups Woodstock/Bay Runners bouncing/shuffling around The Bay. The real highlight was James getting through his Xmas Day run bright and early, I see a glimmer of hope for Wonder Boy. Awesome way to start a hectic day.

PM
13km-64:45 (4:59kms) With Ben St and Hambo at Faulconbridge Point

Raining and cold, we were all in tracksuits, quite a contrast to the 34 degrees yesterday. Loved it, my favourite run every year, can't believe it's come around so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment