Saturday 6 October 2012

Surthriving

Monday

Strength

Slight strain in left quad during the 300s, will rest until 100%


Tuesday

Strength


Wednesday

AM
Strength

PM
Warm Up at Centennial Park

Had someone take my wallet and phone from my car which I'd left unlocked whilst finishing my warm up. Fortunately I thought he looked a bit suspicious so checked my car and saw him running up Paddington Hill. I took off up the hill and gently managed to coerce him into returning the phone and wallet. He threatened to come back with his mates so thought it best I relocate and ice my hand which was sore from the coercion process. Not to worry, another day to let the quad recover is a bonus.


Thursday

AM
9km-44:42 (4:58kms) Solo The Bay
+ Strength

PM
10km including 7km-26:57 (3:51kms) WIth Copey The Bay

33 degrees and very windy, tough!


Friday

AM
9km-44:40 (4:58kms) Solo The Bay
+ Strength

PM
7km-28:14 (4:02kms) + 6x100m Strides Solo The Bay


Saturday

AM
20km-90:01 (4:30kms) With Meg2 The Bay

Last 7km at 3:47kms

PM
10km-49:20 (4:56kms) With James Barnwell Park

Just in case i'd forgotten how much I suck at running, James weighing in at 95kg and running twice per week did our final 500m in 79sec in heavy trainers on grass. Nice to have talent :-)

Big sporting week, but the highlight for me was Steve K's cracking Berlin Marathon. 2:58.51 for the longest continual surthriving member of Team Tiger. We'd been paddling for the last couple of years and decided to get a bit radical and turned his training upside down. Same energy systems, different stimulus, different periodisation, better result, absolutely stoked for Steve!

1 comment: