Sunday 30 September 2012

Happy Grand Final Day Part 2

16.5km Mt Portal 9th ish? Time?

Up on home turf at Glenbrook for this trail race, great to be back. Too bloody sore to drag my legs around at any great pace so I haplessly watched several runners led by Brendan Davies disappear into the distance.

Great win by the Swans, they just kept finding a way to respond despite their key ruckman Mumford starting with a hammy tear, Jude Bolton 301 game legend carrying a partially torn acl, All Australian defender Richards with a torn ankle ligament and the greatest ever Swan Adam Goodes the best player in the 1st Half tearing his pcl.

This from Mitch Morton sums up the environment at The Swans and exactly why I love team sport:-

Richo: Why did it take so long to get out of the reserves after kicking 80 goals this season?

Morton: I'll be honest, the players didn't trust me to do the things this club demands. From that moment on I pledged to give my heart and soul to this team and they repaid me in spades. They promised I'd get my chance and they were true to their word.

The team told him he needed to be a better man and now he is, that's awesome!

I'm cashed up and I've backed the Dogs in the NRL, bit more nervous about this one. Despite the great structures The Storm have I just can't see a team with so many journey men beating the skilful and super fit Dogs. Cameron Smith is the danger, the best player I've ever seen. Krishnan Inu is another concern, pretty sure he wouldn't get a game for The Swans.

92km for the week and I'm smashed, the Thursday, Friday, Saturday overload has me on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment