Sunday 14 October 2012

Bay Run Half

84:20-8th The Beautiful Bay

Too good a chance to pass up some company on my beloved Bay Run with a half marathon organised by the Sri Chinmoy people. The plan was to run as fast as I could without compromising my session on Tuesday. I suspected this would be somewhere between 78-80min but I was not even close, I was already struggling to hold 3:50km pace at 5km and just glad I got through to the finish without doing any damage. Nice to see the boys and Millie taking breaks from the playground to give me a cheer each time I completed the 7km lap, getting soft in my old age.

Caught up with Long Arms in Centennial for Craig D's farewell, he told me I looked chunky and asked if i'm still running, ouch! Thankfully he's always been honest with me, admittedly I am a few kgs over, will stay out of the gym for a while.

Heaps of clients racing Melbourne and Hawaii, a bit unfair to single any out as every one of them nailed their respective races. Congrats especially to squadlet Meg2 on a massive PB in the half cracking 90min, Fats 2:33 in the full after bullshitting me about splitting 78min and probably have to mention the mighty Parky getting 4th in her AG at Hawaii after also bullshitting me about a top 20 goal.

Sometimes I take it for granted how impressive the people around me are, it's only when I hear normal people talking I realise how privileged I am to be surrounded by so many driven squadlets, clients and training partners. I really am getting soft, please don't tell anyone.

123km for the week

2 comments:

  1. Bullshitting? My first half was 77:34, after I told you 78. I reckon that counts as sticking to the plan.

    I guess salted caramel brownies won't help with the kgs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they'll help for sure. I've got 4 weeks to my season opener and only 3kg over, plenty of time :-)

    ReplyDelete