Sunday 26 June 2011

Robo Tiger

Just a quick update, with some self portraits. I have tears in both plantars, 13mm x 5mm in left and 3mm x 3mm in right. I've been in a boot for 1 week, will get an MRI 6 weeks after my last run, late July, to make sure the tears have healed before resuming running.


So the focus for now is working on functional strength under the direction of fellow 800m athlete and physio Ben Liddy, to ensure the muscles are good to go when it is time to resume running. Minimising wastage to the left calf, keeping both ankles mobile, retaining glute and hip flexor strength and range of movement and protecting my back from standing lopsided all day are the main concerns. I am able to cross train on the bike and rowing machine, but they bore me senseless, although I forced myself through 90min on the stationary bike this morning. One of the major concerns with runners returning from injury, is that they can be too fit from cross training, this won't be a problem for me :-)

This contraption is designed to mobilise the talo crural (ankle) joint.




Anyway, good luck to all doing Gold Coast i'm expecting some big performances and at this stage i'm still planning to head up and support my little squad. I'll try and get hold of a bike so I can get around on the course, hope to see you all up there.

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's crap (to say the least). Sorry to hear that Tigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sensible plan Tiger. You will be back in no time and fitness will be solid from all the cross-training. In the meantime take full advantage by enjoying a few cold ones each night and some triple whoppers from Macca's. See you at Gold Coast. JF

    ReplyDelete
  3. So am I right in thinking that this pretension of showing us an exercise contraption is really an excuse to show us a bulging calf muscle? Looks a bit veiny to me - I think you've been on the roids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot on Tom, that obvious?

    Imagine if I concentrated on running instead of body building, i'd be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your recovery.
    Enjoy the S&M training!

    ReplyDelete