Saturday 11 June 2011

Deja Vu, Call the Whambulance

AM
Out on The Bay for a 6km Tempo 7:00am kick off with Fats. Last week I planned the same session but couldn't get going. Today I got up at 4:30am to get the body moving, lots of walking soaking my feet in hot water and a long warm up. I'd also run very early 3x this week to try and condition my body for the 7:10am start at Gold Coast.

From the first step of the tempo I was in trouble again but did a deal with myself to get to 2km's and reassess, went through 500m in 1:45 but in agony, jogged through to 2km-7:18. I had to pull the pin, it wasn't as painful as it has been but felt like I was about to do some serious damage. Fats ran well 21ish without company, improving quite a bit on our last tempo.

All up about 10km's of rubbish again.

PM
Like last week, I started to feel good as the day progressed, so I headed to Centennial after work for take two. Managed 21:58 for the 6km tempo, faster than last week but felt comfortable with the pace. Even though i'm running slowly I feel like i'm very close to good fitness, i'll keep bashing my head against the brick wall and hopefully it'll all come together in time.

After the session went for another massage with Jean-Louis, he had the knife handle for a weapon again. Apart from the blistering skin from the burning frictions it was much less brutal than last time.

22km's for the day, feeling ridiculously fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment