Sunday 5 June 2011

Molly's Long Tempo

30km including 24km-1:45.31 avg 4:24km's.

Around The Bay for Emma (Molly's) Long Tempo. Her PB is 3:29 with her most recent being 3:34 in Melbourne 2008, she has been managing our 35km's on grass in 4:45ish km's so no doubt she is in 3:15 or better shape. I took the watch off her and told her we'd be running 4:35km's as relaxed as possible. My intention was to run 4:30km's and to push 4:25km's for the last 8km.

The plan went out the window when Molly ran the first 2km's in 4:19km's, I tried to get in front and slow the pace but she just kept going past and cranking it back up again so I just went along for the ride. She ran controlled the whole way and the only slow km was a 4:35 whilst she took her gel. Really impressed, depending on how well she recovers from and absorbs this effort I suspect a 20min PB might be on the cards.

144km's for the week, promising but still terribly slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment