Thursday 2 June 2011

Bum Bandit 500's

AM-Rest. Millie and Akira came to town for a check up and visit. All is well at 30 weeks and it's looking like a big baby.

PM-13km with 10x500(3min cycle). 97, 95, 93, 90, 89, 88, 88, 87, 86, 82.

Had originally planned to avoid all Vo2 sessions, but the interrupted prep means I need a hurry along to  get the threshold work back on track quick smart. I chose a session that I felt I could run fairly quick but controlled without putting too much pressure on the feet. Ran in the Adidas Adios with orthotics. Reps were in a straight line and I set the garmin to 510m so imagine it's fairly accurate, either way who cares, the session served it's purpose. Regardless, the last rep made me feel like a man, good to be moving again.

Did the reps at the back of Lachlan Reserve, the best quality running in the park, but also where the queer blokes meet to satisfy each other in the bushes. Under the threat of any poor step leading to an uninvited visitor at my back door I managed to improve with each rep.

Millie is walking a fine line, apparently it's Impossible Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream tonight. I'll see how it goes, but no way it could be better than Tim Tams.

1 comment:

  1. Hampstead Heath in London is a city runners paradise but also has a less savoury reputation.
    At times training there could give you the 'heeby geebys'!
    Mind you 'Jack Straws Castle' had a reputation but that didn't stop me having a pint in there.

    ReplyDelete