Sunday 20 May 2012

SMH Half

Friday

Rest - Exhausted


Saturday

9km easy - The Bay

First 3km with Akira on his bike, then solo, spectacular day.


Sunday

SMH 1/2 - 101st 80:10

For the first time in a few weeks I felt really good in the warm up and decided to go for broke, sadly I ran out of money at 8km but surprisingly only lost 8 places after 10km. For various reasons I haven't been getting the work done, especially the long runs, so it's time to get stuck in.

I actually really enjoyed the race, even the suffering on the back half of the challenging course. I was pretty sure this would be my only half this winter but will reconsider now, for no particular reason I like racing this distance.

Took a gel for the first time in a race, can't tell if it was effective but it definitely didn't hinder me, I will try it again on some long runs.

I've lost another $50 to Tom who ran well and thanks to the Kangaroos giving up a 27 point final quarter lead to the hapless Port Adelaide the TAB won't be chipping in this week.


92km for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment