Tuesday 29 May 2012

Ribs

Monday

AM
10km-47:40 (4:46kms) Solo The Bay

Bloody cold at 4:30 this morning, took a while to get moving. I went through 3km in 18:00, so the rest of the run was solid.

PM
16km-70:22 (4:23kms) With Copey The Bay

Relieved that I've snuck a spot by the skin of my teeth in the XC relay team this Saturday, keen to repay the faith so I won't be doing anything crazy this week.


Tuesday

AM
7km-34:50 (4:59kms) Solo The Bay

PM
6km Tempo 20:24 (3:24kms) Solo The Bay

Knocked over 3 racks of pork ribs last night, won't mention the dessert because apparently my food talk is causing eating disorders. Speaking of which, I was once told by a coach that you're race ready when you can see ribs. Well last night's dinner didn't help me, it was awfully close to coming out both ends but I just made it to the finish before puking all over my shoes and squeezed my butt cheeks together before shuffling my way to the dunny.

2 comments:

  1. Mate, that's beautiful to read. Thanks.

    Are you in the Over 35's team? We could have a crack squad but I think I'll be putting most of them in the Open team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm sure your 5th to 8th runners will still make a strong 35+ team.

    ReplyDelete