Sunday 6 May 2012

NSW Road 10km

35:31 78th

17:27 at half way but just haven't done enough work yet to finish it off. Not very satisfying from a racing point of view, I always had people around me but wasn't good enough to battle with anyone, just trickled back shamefully through the field as I slowly died in the arse.

On the positive it's much better than 4 weeks ago and I'm hoping we've snuck home with a team medal in the Over 35's with fellow RBH guys Sean O'Neill and Jim Dawes both just in front of me. Sydney Striders have thrown a spanner in the works of the old Sutho, Wests, Kembla and RBH rivalry with alot more registered runners than previous years. Tom will have to be careful, he may have the co-ordinators job for life if they've done the unthinkable and swept the podium.

Took a slight calf strain in to the race which surprisingly didn't deteriorate at all. It's been a frustrating 2 weeks, hopefully I'll get through some decent work this week. Perfect conditions and pleased to see 10.1km on the Garmin after the previous 2 years were rumoured to be close to 9.8kms.

60km week, did not exactly go to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment