Tuesday 8 May 2012

6x1km Hills

6x1km Hills (800m jog back)  avg 3:57 Solo Callan Park

Hit the hills with my attention now turning to XC Relays if I'm selected of course. Last time I did this gruelling session was 13 months ago with Fats off in the distance, I averaged 4:00 with almost no variance in pace due to the torn plantar.

I planned to improve each rep with the intention to practise running fast up the hills on tired legs, exactly what I'll be facing in the 4th km at Miranda in a few weeks. Managed to execute the plan fairly well 4:08, 4:06, 3:57, 3:54, 3:54, 3:42, in hindsight the 1st 2 reps were too slow but the rushed warm up was a contributor.

Pleasantly surprised given zero sleep for the last 9 nights, Koji please just let me have a few hours tonight! It must've been due to the special delivery of Molly's Swedish Meatballs early this morning, power food! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment