Wednesday 14 December 2011

600m TT

Monday
AM - Strength, drills, plyos
PM - Hockey, 2nd match of the comeback. Was so pathetic last week that I decided to try it fresh without an arvo run. A little better, but still terrible. We won 3-1, I managed to sneak 2 goals, but missed 3 good chances.

Tuesday
AM - Strength
PM - 9km + drills/strides. Right foot very sore from hockey, starting to think it may be a bit much to ask while i'm still not 100%.

Wednesday
AM - Strength

PM - 600m TT Solo @ ES Marks 89.00

Back to the old faithful track which still hasn't been upgraded since 1991 when I set my still current 100/200m PB's. Had an awesome day at work, so was feeling quite optimistic. I wanted to test the feet and fitness before Xmas to get an idea of how far behind PB fitness I am, best is 83.7sec 2 years ago but that was paced by super talent James Matthews. All things considered it wasn't a bad hit out, went through 300m spot on 44.5, so dead even splits. Never got lactic, just have zero speed at the moment. Provided I get through a decent session tomorrow, I'll line up for an 800m on Saturday to hopefully give me a push along for some good hard training over the Xmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment