Tuesday 5 June 2012

New Rules


Arvo
14km including 30min fartlek (3:49kms) Solo The Bay

Pissing down, blowing a gale and freezing cold...but for some reason, apart from the 3km 'cooldown' I enjoyed having the bay to myself.

Evening
10km-50:50 (5:05kms) With James The Bay

60kph gusts according to Tim Bailey, the rain was very gentle compared to the arvo thankfully. We only came across one other runner, Copey doing his cool down after his session. Good to know that we were only equally as crazy as the current NSW 10,000m Bronze Medallist.

My rule was to never count any runs slower than 5:00km average, I'm giving myself special dispensation today. If anyone whimped out of their run today, imagine how unfit you'd be if you lived in Alaska. We were powering into a crazy headwind on Iron Cove Bridge and my mind turned to Trevor Dunbar Part One Part 2 Love the school spirit too. 

1 comment:

  1. I also Like to think that a run slower than 5:00 /km doesn't count, but I do to much real trail running on Table mountain!!! and there I can but running at 10:00/km and it would be fast!!!

    ReplyDelete