Friday 15 June 2012

City Mile Dash

AM
7km-34:50 (4:59kms) Solo City

PM
City Mile Dash 4:56-9th + 20min threshold with JB @ 3:47kms

The first time I can say I've ever enjoyed this distance, I've always battled with the ugly grey pace of the mile/metric mile, not fast enough to be fun and not far enough to be satisfying. But today was different, the race went really quickly, ironic considering how slow I was moving. Had a good battle with Andy Heyden who loomed on my shoulder about 3x in the last 500m.

Jared, James, Lucy and myself went into the race hoping to pick up the team win and free shoes. Unfortunately James was crook as a dog and the entire Hurts team were way too quick for me. Jared however, in his first race beyond 800m thrived, scoring a comfortable win using his 1:49 speed to kick home. Lucy on the comeback trail ran really well for 3rd, only 3sec behind a national 1500m finalist.

Edit: Forgot to add I owe Bloody Tom another $50.

2 comments:

  1. A sub 5 min is alway nice, have only ever run 1 street mile a very long time and it was fun. Would love to run another one some day.

    PS if you were 9th what did the winner do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4:28, a 1:49 guy 2nd at NSW Championships this year

    ReplyDelete