Sunday 17 June 2012

Duracell

Saturday

AM
22km including 16km-63:44 (3:59kms) With Megsy The Bay

Mixed feelings, haven't had one second sleep in the last 2 nights, pleased for Megsy but this run smashed me. Apparently she slept well, 15sec per km faster than her 1/2 marathon PB, I practically had to beg her to slow down.

My new copper top pre mid life crisis hair is getting mixed feedback, I was hoping to emulate the new Korean hairdresser at work but if you aint got it you just aint got it.

PM
10km-46:09 (4:37kms) With James Barnwell Park

Had to rush to work after the morning run and the 10min gap I'd left myself during the day to grab a bite was spent changing a client's flat tyre, 3min 16sec for the record. So nothing to eat since 5:30am, 5 hours straight massage off zero sleep and a hard long run made this one tough recovery run. Almost fell asleep in the ice bath.


Sunday

AM  Rest

Another sleepless night, the little fella is having a tough time. Beautiful morning and I needed a rest to have any chance of a decent session so took the boys for a spin around The Bay. Akira on his bike wiped out Michelle Bridges and her dog Paddy, she said 'oh gawd, sh#t, sh#t, f*ck, f*ck!' A bit crowded for Akira's concentration span, we'll need to get out a bit earlier on the nice days.

PM
10x400 (1) 68's Solo Nield Park

68, 68, 68, 68, 70, 69, 69, 66, 66, 66

Shoved about 50 needles into my legs and off I went feeling human again. Apart from daydreaming in the 5th to 7th reps it was a good session.

140km, very satisfying week of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment