Sunday 8 May 2011

Mother's Day

Rested most of the week with a few easy runs. The feet are feeling much better, I decided to try a solid effort at the Mother's Day Classic 4km as most of my family were participating in various events at The Domain. Came 5th in a pedestrian 14:00 with Harry Summers 1st, then Josh Johnson, Saxon Mosely and Lara Tamsett all well ahead - at least I can say 3 of the runners in front are World XC reps. We had a couple of cheats cut the course, I caught one of them, but the other just got pipped by Saxon and secured himself a hard earned 4th place.

The pace was comfortable but the pain set in from about 1km, but at that stage I was in 3rd so didn't want to pull the pin. I couldn't handle four solid km's without setting myself back, so i'll have to skip the SMH Half his Sunday. It's a pity as this is my favourite road race and tends to get my winter season heading in the right direction.


Akira is in trouble because he forgot to buy Millie a card, naughty boy, i'll cover his arse by making dinner -  steak sangers and chips, i'm off now to whip it up at the corner take away shop.

All the best to everyone racing the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment