Wednesday 25 May 2011

Anger Management

PM
1hr45min - 23.2km's In Centennial, pissing down sideways.

The biggest crowd we've had for a long time, Copey, Emma and Daniel were all way too fast for me today I spent the majority of the run ducking in and out of the shitter and out the back of the pack kicking stones. Great that Emma has come back so well after her holiday and Copey and Daniel are finding top form again.

Watching them disappear into the distance felt similar to the time I took the baton at state relays to anchor the 4x100m just before all the other teams crossed the finish line. I received a humiliating sympathy clap the length of the straight, felt like kicking the shit out of everyone in the crowd that day, Cantona style.

Cranked it up on the rowing machine this morning, did 6x1km (2min) in 3:57's, thanks to some tips from my new rowing coach Jamie Stewart :-) The resident PT told me I was hogging the machine, good observation mate thanks for sharing your concern.

3 comments:

  1. Gary (and Copey and Emma)
    Thanks for the run today, yep 'twas atrocious conditions. Maybe all that rowing's adding too much weight up top and its slowing you down...kidding, you'll be back soon, just get those feet better. Hopefully better weather soon too. Cheers, Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate I don;t know about this plantar problem you are having, but I reckon it will help your GC aspirations enormously. Your concetration span would have never gone the journey to the start line without a bit of a break. go you good thing... W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the erg Tiger!

    ReplyDelete