Monday 2 May 2011

Ben St Lawrence

0km's - Not kidding.

Knocked over a strawberry and ricotta muffin a client delivered, struggled through 6x Cheeseburgers from Macca's (can't believe this used to be my lunch everyday not long ago), a block of cadbury dairy milk, a tin of biscuits that a client dropped off and 1/2 chicken and chips with gravy for arvo tea. Hopefully that's it for the crap food today, I think it's out of my system for a while. 


Pumped after Benny Saint's great performance at Stanford, 27:24.95 to set a new Australian Record. In late 2006 I was lap scoring for Knoxy - 31:14 winning a 10000m race at Illawong. A chubby bloke, who we now know as The Saint - 31:25, was in his comeback to track racing and stormed home with a strong finish to claim 2nd place ahead of Caleb 31:32. Millie, Akira and I caught up with Knoxy and his family yesterday and were chatting about how recent it felt and how well he has handled his success.


I will aim to go the whole of tomorrow without eating any chocolate, I will dig deep and call on Benny's performance to guide me through the inevitable trying times. I know he will probably dedicate his record breaking performance to the inspiration contained within this blog, but i'd like him to know inspiration goes both ways my friend, I will face tomorrow's challenging goal with Saint like determination.

2 comments:

  1. I remember you talking about that time trial at the time - trying to get a Zatopek qualifier weren't they? Good luck tomorrow mate. I'll be thinking of you (while munching through my pizza and 5th Creme Egg of the day...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how much junk you consume. Hopefully you was it down with the occasional piece of fruit and and odd plate of vegetables. Hope the injury has improved.

    ReplyDelete