Saturday 5 November 2011

Recession

10km Striders Lane Cove - 11th 36:28? (16km's)

I lined up not sure what to expect, same race last year albeit with a much weaker field than today I was 3rd in 34:58. I knew that would be unlikely but turned up full of hope and was greeted with perfect conditions.

I took off hard and felt a million bucks, but dropped 6 places on the 1st hill at about 3km? Went through in 18:28, so came home 28sec quicker gaining one position on the way back sneaking past Paul McClarnon in the home straight. Was keen to renew the battle with Thien, Timmy and Andy, but just a bit too sluggish and not enough quality work yet.

Very pleased with the aerobic fitness though, possibly the best it's ever been, knocking out the slow km's whilst sorting through the injury has served me well. Not really sure but feel like i'm pretty close to top fitness, much closer than I expected but I could be kidding myself. Will head up to Central Coast for the 1/2 in 3 weeks, hopefully 2 more hard weeks will make the world of difference.

Well done to Jo winning the girl's race on the comeback after years of chronic injury and Tom pipping CT for 3rd.

Happy enough, glad I got through 'The bad race I had to have' with the gusto of Paul Keating. It's been a big week and my right foot (supposedly the better one) is in a world of pain from the uphills, but suspect it's onward and upward from here.

2 comments: