Thursday 3 November 2011

Bread and Butter

AM - 9km 44:20 (4:56km's) Just a dawdle to make sure the legs were ready to go for the afternoon sesh.
PM - 22km including 16km tempo - 59:54 (3:45km's). Happy enough with the progress, I reckon I would've struggled to do this sesh in an easy week a few weeks ago let alone in a full week.

When I first stepped up to 800m's one of the first things I was told is that a half miler should be able to comfortably knock out a sub 60min 16km any time of the year. It wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't as hard as I expected.

Here is the year to date top ten world rankings, 10th is 1.42sec quicker than my pb. I would love to have a crack at an 800m before Xmas, but I think the top guy is safe for now :-) I like these rankings as they are purely age based rather than requiring membership of a Masters Association.


800 meter Run - Men - M 35 - 39



Mark
Athlete
Nation
Venue
Date
1:44.03 Khadevis Robinson USA Monaco 22.07.2011



1:44.45
Khadevis Robinson

Lignano

1:49.29 Anthony Whiteman GBR Stretford
1:49.59 Sebastien Schletterer NED Kessel-lo
1:50.26 Willy Rotich KEN Lapinlahti
1:50.88 Elias Koech KEN Ponce
1:54.67 Ruben Dario Arboleda COL Bogota
1:54.92 Randy Wasinger USA New York
1:55.54 i Baba Tindogo GBR Gent
1:55.78 Christophe Chevaux FRA Dijon
1:56.28 Sebastien Marc FRA Firminy





3 comments:

  1. Not sure it's thorough though mate. I reckon Bernard Legat would be on that list based on the final 2 laps of the 5000m in Daegu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's thorough, but yes plenty of fast guys that have stepped up could definitely run just either side of 1:50 if they toed the line.

    Does that say more about the difficulty in combining the training of all energy systems for the MD especially as we get older, or more that the guys with great top end and change of speed are the one's taking all the medals in championship LD track races? Bit of both i'd suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what it means either, but Gary make sure that whatever you do, your next 800 is accompanied by a detailed race report that goes up on Coolrunning... Well done on the 16km, very solid

    Daniel M

    ReplyDelete