Sunday 27 November 2011

Central Coast 1/2

Fri - Complete Rest

Sat - Easy 15mins with Megsy and Sam in Long Jetty. Was supposed to be a full warm up but it was raining heavily and would've been counter productive to stay out any longer.

Sun - Race CC1/2 8th 80:53

Lined up fresh as a daisy and ready to hammer myself. Given my lack of quality training, the hot conditions and the historically slow course 3:40km's was a bit too ambitious, but it's better to die like a man than live like a pussy.

The only split I remember was 5km in 18:15. At 6km's Charlie Brooks and the lead chick Kirsten Molloy passed me and knocked me back to 9th. Charlie slowly disappeared into the distance, but I eventually got back in front of the chick at 11km's when she was taking a gel and that was about the end of any excitement, although 7th place occasionally came into view about 100m up the path.

The race was well organised and the course not as crowded as I expected. It's not a great course with minimal rhythm due to the constant winding of the bike path and tediously boring. Despite the slow time I feel like i'm aerobically fit and glad I got the chance to lay it on the line after a testing winter, I can't wait to build on that and get stuck into some hard work.

1 comment:

  1. Agree the heat has a big impact on times, it is good to see you racing again.

    ReplyDelete