Sunday 13 November 2011

My Life as a Tree

Fri
AM 10km 45:12 (4:31km's) Solo around The Bay
PM 12km 59:54 (5:00km's) Solo around The Bay, loved this run, it felt like getting a massage.

Sat
AM 20km including 16km 65:01(4:04km's) around The Bay.
PM 10km 45:00 (4:30km's) Solo Centennial/Queens

Sun 21km including 4x2km (9min cycle) 2x7min efforts, 7:00, 6:55. Bum Bandit Park.

First 2 reps were 7min efforts, I put my sunnies on the ground while I did some strides, they were missing when I was starting my reps. I realised that a couple that jogged past must have picked them up, nobody else was in the area. So the mad chase begun, I eventually caught them at McKay Oval, they thought the sunnies would suit their son and had put them in their car but seemed genuinely pleased to return them to the rightful owner.

Joined Craig D, Jopey and Megan for an easy 10km's.

Good week 174km's, that'll do, want to be fresh for one final 16km before CC 1/2.

With all the fuss over the purple haze covering Sydney this time of year, I wondered what a purple tree can see. I climbed up this huge Jacaranda in Callan Park overlooking The Bay, apparently all the tree can see is the same purple haze.

Wake Up Trees

Ghostly branches on skeletal trees
Spring rain quenches caged buds

BLOOM! a purple explosion dancing in the breeze
Bored housewives cream their duds

No comments:

Post a Comment