Sunday 24 April 2011

Narrowneck

40km - 3:13.34. Beautiful morning in Katoomba, ran from Leura to Narrowneck and return with some added extras. Pretty crowded, there was a christian conference and extra numbers training for the North Face 100km. I wasn't sure if I could handle the distance with the hills and altitude so I ran with a backpack, felt like a hippy. I hate carrying anything when I run, suspect the backpack will never be used again.

210km's for the week, my body and the quality of my long runs in particular are suffering due to not laying a proper base. On a positive, the sessions are good enough and i'm getting through the km's. Suspect i'll come good after absorbing the effort of SMH Half.

5 comments:

  1. Camelbak mate. With some pockets for extra crap. Most buy a 3L, although I have a 2L with one zip which fits some gels and power bars in it in case. 40ks in the mtns is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flake, it is a Camelbak 3l. It's pretty good, just made it feel more like hiking than running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog and lovely run out to narrowneck. do you have a .gpx file or course notes, would loveto do it. (sammo72 from cr)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sammo. It's a straight forward run, either park at Hilda's Lookout near corner of Cliff and Glenraphael or drive down Glenraphael to the gate. It's quite rough but ok in a larger car. From the gate it's 10km's out to the lookout, maybe 3km's extra total from the lookout. It's hilly but nothing too steep, I have hammy tendinopathy and i'm the worst hill runner on earth but can manage it without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would be a shocking hippy - all that sitting around making daisy chains would kill you. Impressive run though.

    ReplyDelete