Tuesday 4 October 2011

Start again

After the 2nd Cortisone I was instructed by the Doc to rest 2 days then back to training. I don't feel like it did anything, but I wasn't expecting much. Decided to stop worrying about getting treatment anymore, there is a fine line, as long as I keep the intensity/speed at about 1/2 marathon effort it seems tolerable. Just need to stop taking short cuts with my rehab, I must keep my feet strapped 24/7 and ice after every run.

I decided to start hockey again next season so training starts tomorrow night, i'm ok with my fitness levels, just need to get my touch back, which I suspect will take the full 5 months I have left before the season kick's off.

Sunday - 22km's easy (4:48km's) with Megsy in Centennial Park. Straight from the school reunion, for the second consecutive week, my commitment was rewarded with driving rain slapping hard against my aching head.
Monday -
AM 11km easy (4:58km's) with Caleb, Rilen, Lucy S and Ben Saint in Centennial.
PM 16km (4:15km's) with Copey and Jopey around The Bay.
Tuesday -
AM 10km easy (4:42km's) solo around The Bay
PM 19km's - 15min easy, 20min threshold (3:50km's), 3min easy, 4x5min with 1min jog rec' (3:45km's), 15min easy. Pretty slow, but it's not where I am, it's where i'm going that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment